Updated March 30, 2020
WE ARE OPEN FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY!!!
Please perform your own free self screening for COVID-19 prior to your appointment by clicking on the link at the bottom provided by the Cleveland Clinic.
Our mission at Wellness BioDentistry is to prevent and reduce chronic disease. We feel it is our obligation to give our best efforts to improve the public health of our communities and our state! We are committed to assist in the response to help fight this Pandemic and we will assist to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our State and Community by adhering to Federal and State Recommendations by closing our office except for dental emergencies.
In a statement made on March 16, 2020, The American Dental Association (ADA) has asked all dental offices to postpone elective procedures for at least 3 weeks. Along with Governor Little’s recent 21 day stay-at-home order and President Trump’s recent extension of the self-isolation order until April 30th, we anticipate these temporary changes may last even
longer than originally recommended. Our goal is to do our best to help end this Pandemic as quickly as possible and we know we can best assist with this by complying with all recommendations and coordinating with state and public health experts by being open Only for Dental Emergencies!!!
If you are in pain due to an infected or broken tooth, please
do not hesitate to call our office at (208) 524-2036.
OUR VISITOR POLICIES HAVE CHANGED TEMPORARILY
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
DO NOT ENTER THIS FACILITY IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE
CORONAVIRUS OR MAY HAVE SYMPTOMS OF THE CORONAVIRUS.
Please call our office (208) 524-2036 for guidance on how you may be evaluated or treated. In the case in which you think you may have the Coronavirus plus an infected tooth or dental emergency, also please call our office number listed above so we may help manage your dental emergency in coordination with State and Public Health Experts.
WE DO NOT TAKE WALK-IN PATIENTS (Note —this is only temporary)
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS FACILITY UNLESS YOU HAVE AN
You may call our front desk to arrange an appointment (208) 524-2036.
What are we doing to care for our patients, visitors,
We are following the evolving situation closely and are actively training ourselves so as to protect YOU!
- Webinars/Trainings: We are regularly reviewing as a team all recommended COVID-19 specific OSHA updates pertaining to sterilization/disinfection protocols and proper protection for ourselves and our patients.
- Patient Monitoring: We are asking all of our patients the suggested screening questions prior to treatment as recommended by Federal and State Public Health Agencies such as the CDC so as to help prevent further spread of COVID-19.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Health and Human Services, symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms include:
- Shortness of Breath
Cases vary from mild symptoms to severe illness and death.
How does COVID-19 spread?
- Close personal contact (6 feet or less), such as via hugging, touching,
or shaking hands.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your
mouth, nose, or eyes
- In rare cases, contact with feces
- RESPIRATORY DROPLETS
- If you have a cough or have recently had a cough please call the office at (208) 524-2036 to postpone your appointment or to discuss management of your care.
Given the spread of COVID-19 through respiratory droplets, dentistry becomes a HIGHER RISK INDUSTRY for the spread of the virus due to the drills, etc., and the aerosols they create. We, therefore, request that you please go to the free Online COVID-19 Screening Tool provided below by the Cleveland Clinic: