Did you know that there are literally hundreds of dentists serving the greater Idaho Falls area? It’s true! Right here in our little mountain valley — from Shelley to Rexburg — there are well over 200 dentists to choose from. And more than half of those are operating in Idaho Falls. So, how do you find the best dentist in Idaho Falls?
Well, if you’ve found Dr. Baker, you can feel confident that you’ve found the best dentist in the region. Let’s take a look at what sets our dental office apart from the rest of the pack.
Simply Better Dental Diagnostic Services
Any dentist in Idaho Falls or elsewhere should be able to provide you with basic diagnostics including x-rays. While these basic diagnostic tools are great, they don’t always provide the doctor with a full picture of their patient’s oral health. Here at Wellness BioDentistry: Cosmetic and Biocompatible Dentistry, we offer a range of diagnostic services so that Dr. Baker can make sure that you have exactly what you need to stay healthy. Some of the diagnostic tools used in our office include:
- Biocompatibility Testing – You shouldn’t be surprised to hear that the type of materials used in your dental procedures is just as important as the quality of your dental restoration. That’s because even the best dental techniques aren’t enough without materials that are compatible with your exact body chemistry. We use a simple body test to make sure that we don’t use materials that will adversely affect your health.
- Digital Radiology – In place of traditional x-ray film, Wellness BioDentistry offers digital dental x-rays that offer immediate results, higher quality images, and dramatically less radiation than traditional x-rays.
- 3-D Imaging – When we feel it is necessary, we use a 3-D Extraoral Imaging System (also called Cone Beam Computed Tomography) to create three dimensional images of your teeth, jaw, and other internal structures that simply can’t be seen on conventional x-rays. These images are extremely useful for diagnosing certain oral health problems and planning treatment.
- Use of the DIAGNOdent – Simply put, the DIAGNOdent is a cavity finding laser. This tool allows us to find small cavities early so that we can treat them with conservative restoration before they become a bigger problem.
Your Full Service Dentist in Idaho Falls
At Wellness BioDentistry, we love creating beautiful smiles for you and your entire family. That’s why we offer the very best care for all of your dental concerns. It doesn’t matter what you’re looking for, because Wellness BioDentistry does it all, from Pediatric Dentistry and General Dentistry to Cosmetic Dentistry and Bio-Compatible Dentistry.
Pediatric Dentist in Idaho Falls
Do you know when your child should have their first dental visit? Many parents think that they don’t need to take their child to the dentist until the child is 5 or 6 years old, but we actually suggest that you take your child much earlier than that. In fact, we encourage parents to begin bringing their children to our office about 6 months after the child’s first tooth comes in (usually when the child is around 1 year old). This provides our team with the opportunity to help you and your children learn and understand healthy oral hygiene habits as early as possible.
But it doesn’t matter how old your child is, there isn’t a better kid’s dentist in Idaho Falls than Dr. Baker. With help from his team of dedicated hygienists, Dr. Baker is able to make sure that every child who comes into his office gets the very best dental care possible. He will review your child’s health history, take the time to respond to any questions or concerns you may have, and help you understand your child’s oral habits and how they affect their overall health. Even the very youngest of patients love Dr. Baker because he takes the time to make them feel comfortable in his office. Sometimes, this even includes making balloon animals or silly hats as a special treat. Each child also receives a shiny gold token after a successful dental visit. This token allows them to choose a prize from our prize machine.
General & Cosmetic Dentist in Idaho Falls
General dentistry typically includes all dental procedures that are aimed at keeping your teeth and mouth healthy and beautiful. This includes routine dental care and procedures that are necessary for improving your overall oral health. Cosmetic dentistry, on the other hand, is a blanket term used to refer to most dental procedures that have the end goal of improving the look of a patient’s teeth or smile. This can include anything from simple teeth whitening to full oral reconstruction.
If you’re looking for a dentist in Idaho Falls that has a lot of experience in both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry, you’ve come to the right place! Dr. Baker and his staff offer a wide range of cosmetic and general dentistry services, including everything from a basic exam and cleaning to complete smile reconstruction — and everything in between!
What does that mean for you? It means that you can get all of your dental procedures done at the same office instead of running all over town. Some of the core dental services we offer include:
- Exam & Cleaning – It’s a simple fact that great teeth start with regular exams and cleanings. To keep your teeth healthy, we suggest that you have an exam and cleaning done every six months.
- Laser Dentistry – Most of the problems that patients experience with traditional dental drills comes from heat, pressure, and vibrations. Dr. Baker uses a Waterlase™ dental laser for many procedures. This tool means that many procedures can be completed with no anesthesia and far less postoperative pain and swelling. If you don’t like the sound or feel of the drill, ask Dr. Baker if laser dentistry is right for you.
- Sealants – A dental sealant is created when a dentist uses a clear or white resin material that bonds to teeth to cover or “seal” the pits and grooves on top of a tooth. They are generally used to create an artificial seal over the pits and grooves of a patient’s molars to help protect those teeth from decay. Sealants are common in younger patients, but may be recommended for adults as well.
- Bonding – Bonding, in dental terms, has two meanings. First, the use of a “white” composite filling material to repair or change the appearance of front teeth. Second, this material can also be used to place fillings that adhere to existing teeth structures elsewhere in the mouth. The composite material is available in a range of tooth-colored shades so that the bonding can be as close to your natural tooth color as possible.
- Fillings – When necessary, Dr. Baker provides both direct and indirect fillings for his patients. In order to make sure that he is using the proper filling type, he will carefully evaluate the amount of tooth structure remaining, where the filling is going to be located, and how many office visits will be necessary for the specific filling.
- Invisalign® – Invisalign clear braces are used to straighten teeth for both health and cosmetic reasons without the need for clunky metal braces.
- Extractions – Unfortunately, we find that it is sometimes necessary to remove one or more teeth from a patient’s mouth. This may be necessary in cases of extensive decay, vertical tooth fractures, failed root canal therapy, wisdom tooth removal, or to facilitate orthodontic processes.
- Teeth Whitening – We offer professional teeth whitening services for those who wish to recapture the bright smile of their youth. It is a simple procedure, and we offer both custom tray and prefabricated tray teeth whitening services.
- Crowns & Bridges – Crowns — also known as “Caps” — and Bridges are sometimes necessary when extensive dental work has been done. We provide these services in house so that you don’t have to waste time and energy going to different doctors for different parts of your dental procedure.
- Dentures & Partials – We also offer full and partial denture services for our patients who have lost several teeth or have found that their natural teeth are no longer strong enough for use.
Your Bio-Compatible Dentist in Idaho Falls
Here are Wellness BioDentistry, we utilize Biocompatible Dentistry to ensure that you receive the absolute best care possible. Biocompatible dentistry is holistic or health centered dental care that utilizes materials that your body will respond to best. That means fewer harsh chemicals and more natural materials that your body will accept and utilize.
We use a simple materials reactivity test to help us determine exactly what materials will be best for your overall personal and dental health. Then, we use those materials in your dental care to make sure that you stay happy and healthy when you visit our dental office. We understand that every patient is unique, and we want to make sure that your treatment is just as unique as you are.