Why Metal Implants Should Be Avoided In Dentistry
Why Non-Metal, Zirconium Implants Are A Better Option
How It Works
- If you need dental implant(s), we can schedule you for an appointment and your first exam.
- During this time, we need to make sure that your gums and jawbone are healthy and strong enough to support dental implants.
- If so, then we proceed with installing the implants. They are placed into the gums and jawbone, then abutments are added to them.
- At this point, some time needs to pass in order to allow your gums and jaw bone to heal around the implants. (The purpose of the abutments is to make sure the tissues heal around the implant properly.)
- After everything is healed up, we’ll replace the temporary abutments with permanent ones. Then, to complete the process, we install dental crowns onto the implants.
Frequently Asked Questions About Zirconium Implants
Zirconium implants are a non-metal alternative to titanium implants.
They are made of white, ceramic material.
Very much so, which is why we prefer them over metal implants at our Idaho Falls dental clinic.
Unlike metal implants, zirconium implants have a factor of bio-compatibility which makes them more appropriate for dental work than metal implants.
Zirconium and titanium are both long-lasting, durable forms of matter, but while they are both often considered “metals” as they both contain metal atoms, zirconium is a chemically unreactive ceramic—it doesn’t react to anything in your mouth. Furthermore, our Idaho Falls dental implants are made of partially stabilized zirconia, which includes a small amount of yttria (also known as yttrium oxide, Y203), which is also not a metal.
At Wellness Biodentistry, we understand that the body is an interconnected system, just like nature itself.
Problems—and solutions—in one area of the body can have effects on other parts of the body, even if they seem unrelated.
The toxic factors of metal implants can affect not just your mouth, but your body as a whole.
Zirconium implants are the solution to this problem.