Dr. Jordan Baker, Idaho Falls Holistic Dentist
- Areas of infection or decay
- Your periodontal (gum tissue) condition
- Health risk factors
- The possible toxicity of your present dental materials
- Functional abnormalities (digestion, TMJ, and sleep apnea)
Non-Metal Implants & Fillings
Missing teeth not only negatively impact your chewing and speaking abilities, but take away from your appearance as well. The most obvious solution is a dental implant, but many conventional dentists use titanium metal implants. At Wellness BioDentistry, your Idaho Falls holistic dentist will use a non-metal implant, because it offers all of the benefits of a titanium metal implant, while being much more bio-compatible. Our Zirconia implants, which are comprised of zirconium oxide, actually have even greater strength and density than the more conventional titanium metal implants. It’s an improvement on all levels.
At Wellness BioDentistry, your Idaho Falls holistic dentist will avoid amalgam fillings for the following reasons:
- They contain approximately 50% mercury, a highly toxic material.
- They lack any sort of adhesive quality, meaning they don’t stick. They have to be wedged into place, meaning that more of your tooth has to be cut away in order to place the filling. This process can cause microfractures where bacteria can thrive.
- Amalgam fillings expand/contract according to temperature changes, which can create tooth fractures.
- They can lead to discoloration of the tooth.
By using more bio-compatible fillings, your Idaho Falls holistic dentist will decrease the possibility of these problems.
Digital X-ray Technology
Another practice you can expect from your Idaho Falls holistic dentist is the use of digital x-ray equipment, which exposes you to far less radiation than more conventional dental x-rays. This kind of technology is even becoming more commonplace in conventional dentistry with the goal of reducing the amount of radiation exposure to their patients. At Wellness BioDentistry, we understand the potential health risks associated with radiation exposure, and our digital x-ray technology greatly reduces the possibility of these health risks.
With digital x-rays, you will get:
- Far less radiation (up to 90% less!) than traditional x-rays
- Instant results, in as little as five seconds
- Comfortable digital sensors with rounded corners that are easy on your gums
- Higher quality images than traditional x-rays
- Easily transferred records which can be emailed, rather than mailed
- A higher degree of environmental safety
With the digital x-ray technology that your Idaho Falls holistic dentist utilizes, you will get all of the benefits of x-ray imaging with substantially less health risks and even higher quality imaging.
How Holistic Dentistry Positively Affects the Overall Body
- Heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Premature birth